So, I’ve been tagged to do a meme. I had never heard of this, but my friend Susannah has tagged me to do one! Here goes…
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged (or let them get tagged by reading your blog).
Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
My six random things:
1) I’m not a fan of even numbers. I like odd numbers. I never set my alarm for times that end in even numbers, I always get up at 6:33 or something like that. We got married on an odd numbered day. The one exception is my birthday, it is an even number. I still like my birthday and my birthday month and year are odd numbered, so I’m okay with it. I don’t know why I care about odd and even numbers, I guess I am just odd!
2) I don’t like to talk or be spoken to before I eat my breakfast in the morning. I don’t wake up cranky really, I just like to have my space and time to wake up. It irritates me when someone wants to chat right off the bat. I just want to get up, get my breakfast, be quiet (not something you usually hear from me!) and then I’m ready to go. Since having kids I am learning to be able to get up and talk and then have breakfast. Little ones don’t care if you WANT to talk or not, they always need something and your morning preferences are of no importance to them!
3) I must eat breakfast every morning, even if my morning is 2pm. When I get up I have to have breakfast. I can’t skip to lunch. I love breakfast and tolerate lunch most days in order to get to dinner. So when I wake up it is always breakfast for me. Travis would tell you that I am not flexible with this rule, even to an irritating fault. He has two choices, get me breakfast and have a normal day or make me go straight to lunch and suffer the consequences!!
4) I’m a cloth diaper addict. When I got pregnant with Garrett, Jack started to show interest in the potty. I was taking him often and he was peeing on the potty often. So often that I was starting to have to throw away dry diapers because the tabs wouldn’t stick anymore. So I decided to try cloth diapers. My friend Susannah (not the one that tagged me for this) loaned me her pocket dipes that she wasn’t using at the time. I loved them. Then I found out about this site diaperswappers.com. You can buy/sell/trade new and used cloth diapers. I am addicted to buying “poopy” diapers as Travis likes to say. They are clean, just used. I love to try to get good deals on them and I like trying new styles. I love to research the different types of diapers and I like to read the message boards where people post their cloth diaper trials and tribulations. I’m officially addicted to diapers!
5) I, not so secretly, want to have a home birth with one of my children. I delivered both of my kiddos in a hospital with no medication. I have long labor that starts and stops sporadically. With both kids I checked into the hospital, had my contractions stop (and we aren’t talking like I had a few little cramps, the real deal contractions stopped!), got sent home and then went back to the hospital later. I have all back labor and it takes for ever for me to get going. However, once the birth is over I am ready to go. Literally, I am ready to go home. With Jack I delivered him at 2pm on a Tuesday and we went home Wednesday evening. With Garrett I delivered him about 6am and we were home about 9pm that night. I hate the hospital and I want to get out of there with my little bundle as soon as possible. So, I want to have a baby at home. I never thought that I would be that person. I always said that I would never want the mess and I would never be able to relax, but I honestly hope that I can have at least one of my kids at home. (Anyone who knows Travis knows that I have A LOT of talking to do if I want this to EVER occur!)
6) I’m scared to death of mice. It is my one big, irrational fear. Thanks Mom for passing this on to me, I really appreciate it! *) I know they are little and they can’t really hurt me, but I HATE them. So much so, that when we get them at our house I can’t go into the rooms where I think they might be. Last year we had a huge mouse problem because the house next door to us was being gutted and flipped. All the displaced mice came to our house– I’m not kidding we got something like 12 in 2 days. It was awful! For the most part they were concentrated in the basement. We only saw them a few times, but I knew they were there. I made Travis go down to the basement before me and make sure I wouldn’t see any before I would go down there. Needless to say, no laundry got done when Travis wasn’t home. I HATE MICE!
Okay, I’m tagging:
And I’ll have to think of more. I don’t think I even know 6 people with a blog and most of the ones I do know are on Susannah’s list. I’ll update as I think of more people!!